Winterplace Ski Resort - Where Winter is Fun for Everyone!
- Easily Accessible - Just 5 minutes off of I-77, Exit 28
- #1 Place to Learn to Ski in the Southeast
- Largest Snow Tubing Park in West Virginia
Winterplace Ski Resort is the perfect place for beginners to learn to ski and more advanced skiers and riders to improve their technique or just spend some time having fun with family and friends. Our runs have 100% snowmaking, so even if mother nature can't get it to snow, we can. For the non-skiers in the group, we have a snow tubing park - no special equipment needed.
Information, Reservations & Deals: (304) 787-3221
Base Elevation: 2,997 Feet
Top Elevation: 3,600 Feet
Vertical Drop: 603 Feet
Skiable Acres: 90+ Acres
Snowmaking: 100% based on weather
Longest Run: 1 1/4 Mile (Intermediate Trail - Panorama)
Number of Trails: 27 Slopes & 1 Terrain Park
Slope Difficulty: Easiest - 37%; Intermediate - 40%; Advanced - 23%
Total Lifts: 10 Lifts (2 Quads; 2 Doubles; 3 Triples; 3 Super Carpet Lifts)
Night Skiing: Night Skiing is available on 26 slopes, The Terrain Park and the Snow Tubing Park. Night skiing is not offered on Tuesday and Wednesday (non-holiday time periods). Slope closed for night skiing: Turkey Chute.
Snow Tubing Park: Largest Snow Tubing Park in WV with 2 Super tubing Carpet Lifts and up to 14 Lanes of Cool Fun!
Snow Tubing Height: Children must be at least 44 inches or taller to snow tube.
Kiddie Snow Tubing Park: Children under 44 inches, check snow report for availability, weather dependant.
- Rental Equipment featuring Rossignol Skis
- Rossignol Snowboards with step-in or strap-in bindings.
- Demo Center featuring High-Performance Equipment from Rossignol
- Helmet Rentals
- Tuning & Repair Center
- Children's Skis, Boots, and Helmet Rentals
Just For The Kids:
- SkiWee & Snow Explorers - program for children (ages 6 to 12 years of age).
- Mountain Mama's Food Court - serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. Located in the Resort Center
- The Snowdrift Lounge - serves your favorite legal beverages & food specials. Located in the Resort Center
- The Mountain House - mid-mountain food court, located at the base of the intermediate and expert terrain.
- Member of the National Ski Patrol System
- Member of the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA)
- Lodging available in the area surrounding Winterplace
- Two Retail Shops: One located on the upper level of the Resort Center and one at the Mountain House