Winterplace Ski Resort is Southern West Virginia's Premier Learn to Ski and Snowboard Resort.
2018-19 Ski Season:
Weekday: Monday - Friday - 9am to 10pm
Weekends: Saturday - Sunday - 8:30am to 10pm
Opening - December 2018, (based on weather)
Closing - March 2019,
Sign up for our email list to stay in the KNOW for deals and news.
Winterplace Ski Resort is the perfect place for beginners to learn to ski and more advanced skiers and riders to improve their technique or just spend some time having fun with family and friends. Our runs have 100% snowmaking, so even if mother nature can't get it to snow, we can. For the non-skiers in the group, we have a snow tubing park - no special equipment needed.
One Call Does It All! Lodging, Information, Reservations & Deals: 800-607-SNOW (7669)
- Base Elevation - 2,997 Feet
- Top Elevation - 3,600 Feet
- Vertical Drop - 603 Feet
- Skiable Acres - 90+ Acres
- Snowmaking - 100% based on weather
- Longest Run - 1 1/4 Mile (Intermediate Trail - Panorama)
- Number of Trails - 27 Slopes & 1 Terrain Park
- Slope Difficulty - Easiest - 37%; Intermediate - 40%; Advanced - 23%
- Total Lifts - 10 Lifts = 2 Quads; 2 Doubles; 3 Triples; 3 Super Carpet Lifts
- Night Skiing - Night Skiing is available on 26 slopes, The Terrain Park and the Snow Tubing Park. (Slope closed for night skiing: Turkey Chute).
- Snow tubing Park - Largest Snow tubing Park in WV with 2 Super tubing Carpet Lifts and up to 14 Lanes of Cool Fun!
- Children must be at least 44 inches or taller to snow tube
- Kiddie Snow tubing Park - weather dependent. Call ahead.
Snow Tubing Park Hours of Operation:
Please check out the Snowtubing Page for opening date and time.
- Mon-Fri, weekdays, non-holiday periods: 1pm - 10pm
- Sat-Sun, weekends and holiday periods: 9am - 10pm
Know the Code:
The National Ski Areas Association established "Your Responsibility Code" in 1966 as a code of ethics for all skiers on the mountain. Today, the code reflects not only skier safety, but snowboarder and lift safety as well. Ultimately, safe skiing and snowboarding on the mountain is each person's responsibility. Following the Responsibility Code helps all skiers and snowboarders have a safer experience.
Your Responsibility Code
- Safety on the slopes is every one's responsibility. Ski safely-not only for yourself, but for others as well.
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you obstruct the trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must know how to load, ride, and unload safely.
Winterplace Ski Area - Drone Policy:
Out of safety concerns for guests, employees and resort property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Winterplace Ski Area prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public - including recreational users and hobbyists - without the prior written authorization from the Ski Area. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping, as well as any drone used by media or journalists operation above or within Winterplace Ski Resort boundaries. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from Ski Area property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Ski Area boundaries. Please contact a resort representative (800) 607-7669 if you any questions or if you any questions.
2018 - 2019 Holiday Periods:
Holiday hours and rates apply for these dates:
- December 24, 2018 - January 1, 2019
- January 19 - 21, 2019
- February 16 - 18, 2019
- Lodging, Information, Reservations: 800-607-SNOW (7669)
- Snow Phone - Daily Ski Conditions - 800-258-3127
- Local Number - 304-787-3221
- Administration Fax Number - 304-787-9885
- Group Sales Fax Numbers:
Opening through December 13th, 2018 & after March 10, 2019 through closing. Early and Late Season Hours May Vary - Please call ahead or check out our web site.
- Rental Equipment featuring Rossignol Skis
- Rossignol Snowboards with step-in or strap-in bindings.
- Demo Center featuring High Performance Equipment from Rossignol
- Helmet Rentals
- Bib Rentals
- Tuning & Repair Center
- Children's Skis, Bibs, Boots and Helmet Rentals
Just For The Kids:
- SkiWee & Snow Explorers - program for children (ages 4 to 12 years of age).
- Frosties Kinder Care - program for the littlest tyke in the family (6 months to 3 years of age)
- Mountain Mama's Food Court - serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. Located in the Resort Center
- The Snowdrift Lounge - serves your favorite legal beverages & food specials. Located in the Resort Center
- The MountainHouse - mid-mountain food court, located at the base of the intermediate and expert terrain.
- Mickey's Mountain Cafe - serves grilled brats and beer. Located beside of Lift 1.
- FREE Night Skiing with the purchase of an All Day Lift Ticket
- Member of the National Ski Patrol System
- Member of the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA)
- Proud Partner with Snow Operating and the Terrain Based Learning Methodology
- Lodging available in the area surrounding Winterplace
- Two Retail Shops: One located on the upper level of the Resort Center and one at the MountainHouse