Where To Go
Never been skiing or snowboarding at Winterplace Ski Resort before, just follow the steps below and we will walk you through the process. Remember to ask about our Learn-To-Ski or Ride Guarantee. We promise you'll learn how to ski or snowboard or you can take the class again Absolutely Free!
Remember Winterplace is only 5 minutes off I-77, Exit 28 between Beckley and Bluefield, West Virginia.
When you arrive at Winterplace -
Park at the Resort Center Parking Lot
Go Directly To The Rental Shop (follow signs) - The rental shop is located on the lower level of the Resort Center.
Follow The Steps Below:
1. Equipment Rental Form
You will need to fill out an Equipment Rental Form. The information you will need for the form is as follows:
- Shoe Size
- Skiing or Snowboarding Ability (First Timer - Type I skiing ability)
- Credit Card Information (Deposit required on renting equipment)
- Your signature in required spaces.
- Parent or guardian signature in the required spaces, if you are a minor.
2. Go to the Ticketing Cashier
- "Ask about our Learn-To-Ski or Ride Guarantee" (Includes beginner lift ticket, equipment rental and a 90 minute group lesson)
- Purchase your lift ticket
- Rental Equipment (Deposit Required)
- Lessons - Available for all ability levels
3. Proceed to the Boot Area (follow signs)
Pick up your boots, sizes generally match foot size in a dress shoe. We recommend only one pair of socks (preferably ski socks - fleece or wool), otherwise the boots may be too tight. Adjust all the buckles, make sure they are snug, but not too tight.
4. Proceed to the Ski/Snowboard Technician (follow signs)
Pick up your skis or snowboard
5. Coin Lockers
Coin Lockers are available to rent for a $1.00 (4 quarters). It is just the right size for you to store your shoes and other items. The coin lockers are located at the back of the rental shop and also located in the "Locker Room/Changing Room" located right beside the rental shop. Now change into your boots.
6. Get Your Ski Poles
If your skiing, pick up your ski poles (based on your height). Ski poles are located at the back of the Rental Shop.
7. Take A Lesson
Head over to the Ski School Meeting area at the Ski School Bell. Located off of the slopeside deck when you exit the Resort Center, near the top of Chairlift #5. Lessons are at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm & 7pm on weekdays/non-holiday, and on weekends and holiday periods, lessons are on the hour, every hour beginning at 8am and the last lesson starts at 7pm. Skiers and snowboarders learn the basics of turning and stopping at our specially designed teaching area with 2 Super Carpet Lifts. Once you have the basics down, beginner skiers and snowboarders progress to our chairlifts and enjoy all the gentle beginner slopes. View Trail Map.
Whether you choose to ski or snowboard, we have the lesson for you!